can't help but feeling

exploring fandom and doing my spazzing exercises :) hope to the end

fans
Fashion Follows Yoochun
Chaos Under Control
You Captured Me
Pretty Boy Power
Red Playground
Sapphire Pearls
One Pine Tree
Tokyo Bopper
DBSKnights
Cfensi

We are the Future

I saw an interesting interview with Ray Kurzweil the futurologist where he discussed his different influences, among them the Beatles. He said it was noteworthy how 'the mob' had somehow chosen to be hysterical about a band that actually had the talent to be worth the hysteria. Now I wonder if DBSK is just the product of strong marketing but I think these last six years have proven that they transcend hype.

An intrigueing thing about fandom is the sheer force that is involved in it. How many girls and women (and, ok, men too) invest their energy into the following of the band and the production of fan material? How can we harness the collective exponential energy of these young women for good?!! I say it tongue-in-cheek, but I really do wonder...

Labels: ,