can't help but feeling

exploring fandom and doing my spazzing exercises :) hope to the end

fans
Fashion Follows Yoochun
Chaos Under Control
You Captured Me
Pretty Boy Power
Red Playground
Sapphire Pearls
One Pine Tree
Tokyo Bopper
DBSKnights
Cfensi

Smarty Buin


Watching the first episode of 2PM's Nickhun and f(x)'s Victoria on We Got Married brought back all the dear memories of when I was into WGM in the winter of 08-09. It's no wonder these two have hiked up the ratings of WGM because they are adooooorable together already (even though I also like Jokwon+Gain and Jonghwa+Seohyun).

Since I already know a bit about Nickhun, it was Victoria I was most curious about. (Although, I was already a bit smitten by her Drunken Fists.) She is too cute! Admitting up front how much she loved girly childish things despite her chic appearance, Victoria showed an honest and warm personality from the beginning.

It reminds me of how in the season of WGM that I followed, I started out as fans of the husbands on basis of their fame/charms, but ended up loving the wives most. All the women were so vulnerable in their pretend marriages, yet so strong and steadfast. Their loyalty and devotion were truly touching, despite all the awkward and difficult moments in the marriage.


Of course one of the more notorious couples could be said to be Gundam couple, Junjun and Lee Si Young. They got off to the worst start ever and were bickering and fighting like crazy over everything, although they tried to accomodate each other. In the end, after the show was over they actually continued into a real-life relationship for a while.


Lee Si Young is sooo sexy. I love her brattiness. After WGM put her in the spotlight, she had to reveal some of the difficulties she's had in the entertainment business, such as lying about her age to get work. Even then, she wasn't ashamed of it. I really admire how she doesn't back down for anyone.




It was actually the Acorn Jelly couple (Kangin + Lee Yoon Ji) that got me into WGM ♥
From the beginning Kangin was something of a cad, but Lee Yoon Ji tried so hard to understand him and get along with him. I think she was something of a saint! And along the way Kangin came to appreciate it too and did some lovely things for her. But it was frustrating road, lol!


Again, it was the parts where Yoon Ji revealed her dreams that really touched me- when Kangin arranged a surprise recital by Yukhi Kuramoto, Yoon Ji was moved to tears. She described how she used to listen to his piano music while sitting on a bench after school and dreaming about her future. Kangin's parents were right when they said he would be lucky to marry a girl like her.


The funny thing about Yoon Ji is, she's so beautiful, graceful and talented, her fashion sense is quite poor. Mostly she just wears very trendy cool clothes, which look nice, but would suck the personality out of a lesser person. Still, she manages to come out of it all looking amazing, although I would personally like to see her in more natural styles to complement her natural appeal.



And finally of course I can't go without mentioning the other two couples. I didn't follow them from the beginning, but starting from the 'Couple challenge' onward I became fans of them too :) Shin Sung Rok + Kim Shin Young obviously couldn't look dorkier together with him tall and lanky and her short and round. However, underneath that was Kim Shin Young's worries about being an appropriate wife and she didn't dare to get close for that reason. I love Kim Shin Young and I hope Shin Sung Rok and every other man appreciates how wonderful she is.

Lastly there was Taeyeon + Hyungdon (or 'Jelly' and 'Pudding'). I can't believe Taeyeon is barely 20 because she was definitely the more mature of the two, handling the delicate sensibilities of marriage with ease. Never once did she fail to take Hyungdon's side or any of those other pitfalls of jealousy, etc that they like to set up on WGM. She was amazing until the end.

Now I'm going to have to start backtracking this season's WGM to get more Seohyun, Gain and Victoria. ♥

Labels: , ,